If you are looking for an efficient way of transferring files from your smartphone over to your Windows 10 PC, SHAREit Windows 10 is your go-to application. It completely saves you from the hassle of having to use USB storages or cables. And that’s not its most attractive feature, the application works on different platforms! It has the ability to transfer files from one operating system to a completely different operating system.
All this is done using the transferability of Wifi. The host OS will create a Wifi hotspot to which all the other receivers can join. This makes it possible to transfer large amounts of data in a short period of time. SHAREit can transfer files up to 20 Mbps that is almost 200 times more speed than that of a Bluetooth aided transfer. The application is used by more than a billion people worldwide. This certainly proves the credibility of the application and we certainly recommend you this application.
We have put together this article to help you download, install and run SHAREit over the Windows 10 version. Read on to know more.
How to download SHAREit Windows 10?
After determining the type and version of your Operating System, you can head on to your favorite application store and install SHAREit over your system. If you do not happen to know any of the stores, just click on the below button, which will take you directly to the download page.
How to install SHAREit Windows 10?
The installation procedure is similar to that of all the Windows version. You could refer to our previous article on SHAREit Windows 8/8.1 to compare. Follow the below steps to install SHAREit on your system.
- Download the required SHAREit application from the download link above.
- After successful completion of the download, proceed to find the downloaded file.
- Find the file with the “.exe” extension and double-click to launch it.
- This will open an installation wizard which will guide you through the installation process. Just follow these instructions and choose the trajectory to the desired place of installation of the files.
- Click on “Finish” after the installation process ends.
How to transfer files using SHAREit Windows 10?
We hope that you know what a QR code is and how it works. If you do not know what that is, the QR code is a graphical code generated by the host device that is to be scanned using a camera to allow devices to connect to the host device. This method is also explained in the previous article. Follow these steps to share files over your computer.
- Launch SHAREit on your PC, this PC will play host.
- Find the “QR code” option on the home screen and click on it.
- The QR code should promptly be displayed.
- Launch SHAREit over the other device.
- Choose to connect to PC using the QR code.
- Scan the QR code on the PC using your device’s camera.
- This should connect both the devices. Proceed to select files and transfer.
It is important to note that to be able to transfer files, it is imperative that both devices be connected over the same Wifi network. So, it is recommended that you install a router in your PC which will create an access point and all the other devices could connect to it.
Hope this article helped you in successfully installing and running SHAREit over your PC. Do write and tell us your experience with the application.
Difference between a 32-bit and 64-bit Operating System.
It is important to identify the type o operating system your computer has before downloading any new software or applications to run on your computer. The 32-bit and 64-bit operating system dictate the type of software that could be run on your computer. The 64-bit OS is more advanced and fast compared to their 32-bit variants. Most of the modern computers are coming with the 64-bit OS installed while the use of 32-bit OS is on a constant decline.